February 16, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Gage!!!


Today was Gage's big 26th birthday! Isn't he so CUTE? We had a really fun day showing Gage's parents around Spokane; they surprised him by coming up for a quick weekend visit! We showed them around Gonzaga and I had a really good time going to the law school because I had never really been inside before. It's an awesome building, but it was so funny because as we were looking around, Gage showed us his locker. Out of all the lockers in the ENTIRE school....
Gage has this one....

Oh, and if you couldn't tell what the sticker on the bottom left corner says, here's a close-up... "Just a PIRATE Chasing Booty." You gotta love that! I seriously laughed for a straight minute or two because I just kept picturing him in a hallway full of stuffy law students while opening that bizarre looking locker!! Gage said that on one of the first days of law school, he got his locker assignment, went to the hall of lockers, saw this locker from a distance and laughed at it, and eventually found out that it was his! Anyway, we also ate dinner at one of our favorite "Spokane Original" restaurants: Maggie's South Hill Grill. Yummy! Tomorrow we're making one of Gage's favorite dinners - lasagna, and having birthday cake and ice cream. We've had a great weekend and we are so happy to have some family here for the weekend!

8 comments:

Megan said...

Sounds like a fun borthday! What sweet parents to fly up for the weekend. The sticker makes me laugh. I don't know if you have ever watched "Beauty and the Geek" (hilarious!) but on one episode one of the beauties said "booty" and all the geeks thought it meant pirates treasure! HA! They had never heard the word used in the other way most people use it. Good times! Happy belated birthday Gage!

Anonymous said...

Meg, I found your blog in the blog world! I love your pics, it is so good to see your face! Well, it feels good to know we are in the same state (even though we are on opposite sides) You need to visit my blog and stay in touch. I miss you! (nathancbarrettfamily.blogspot.com) By the way it's me Rachel Barrett (Hatch)

hilary said...

hi megan, i found your blog through rachel! it's so fun to see what you're up to, and your blog is so cute! i'm gonna add you to my friends, hope you don't mind...

Chelsey said...

Happy birthday. Thanks for coming to Brynlee's party. It was fun to have you there.

Anonymous said...

I agree, it is always fun to visit family. I'm glad that you'll be able to visit your fam soon. Your pics are fun to look at, because the weather is so different where you're at. Over in Gig Harbor we don't really get snow. We got snow once and it was really exciting. They actually canceled church that Sunday. I was way surprised. I guess everyone just stays home when it snows in Gig Harbor.

Laura said...

That sticker is so funny. I think he should steal it when he is done with the locker. Happy birthday by the way! That is so fun to have family visit! Those are cute picture of you guys.

Meg said...

Hey Meg your blog is so cute! I found your blog threw Rachel it is fun to see how you have been. I am going to add you as a friend on my list hope thats okay?

Paige said...

just a pirate chasing booty...that's hilarious! Happy Birthday Gage! I like your new background, very cute!