March 21, 2008

March Madness

Okay, I'm obsessed.... I'm the first to admit that I don't know a lot about sports, but when it comes to the NCAA tourney, I have to admit that I become a college basketball addict. It all started a couple of years ago when Gage took me to the NCAA tournament when games were being played in Salt Lake City. That's when I first fell in love....the action, the excitement, the upsets, Adam Morrison (he's so gross, but he was so fun to watch), I just loved it all! We got to see Gonzaga play and ended up rooting for them in the next round only to see them lose to UCLA. I was seriously depressed! I know, right? Megan Shaw....upset about a sporting event? Who knew? To say the least, since then I have really enjoyed watching these games and rooting for my teams. At work, I've been listening to the games on my computer as I work and I've also been frequenting the break room to catch a few minutes on the big screen. Oh yeah, and in place of my regular workout music, I've ditched my beloved IPod and I'm now listening to basketball games! Despite my love and devotion to the NCAA tournament, so far this year, my bracket isn't doing so hot.....like I said, I don't know a lot about sports! But I'm keeping my chin up....maybe next year I will be 23 for 32 instead of 22 for 32... har har, I really don't pick them well do I?! :) Anyway, at the close of this year's first round, I am coming to terms with the fact that this year I am merely a "donator" in the office pool. In the mean time, however, I'll be rooting for UNC (my pick for National Champion)to go all the way. Go Tarheels!

9 comments:

Megan said...

Look at you go! Ross would be in heaven if I got that involved. HE printed off brackets for both Annabelle and I...really?! I love watching the NCAA tournament - I love basketball and really after a long season of football I am just happy THAT'S over. Good luck with your bracket!

Chelsie said...

Megan! I am oh so very impressed! I love watching all the games and my husband would love it if I took some lessons from you! He loves college basketball and has been walking around the house singing 'it's the most wonderful time of the year' I'll cheer for UNC with ya!

Laura said...

It really was blog worthy. I love it! Megan the sports fan! I need to get more into it. Brooks would love it. Oh well maybe next year:)!

Meg said...

I love that you have involved into it that is so awesome. I should try it.

Gage and Missy!! said...

Megan I love it! I love that you love to watch March Madness that is sweet! I doesn't matter if you don't know much about sports, you will get to know more the more you watch! That is awesome! Go UNC!

Anonymous said...

Thanks alot Zags for messing up my brackets!!! BUT the Sox did beat those pesky A's this morning so I guess that will do. Go BoSox

Dan

Heidi said...

Gage & Megan,
I came upon your blog and thought that I would say hi. Megan you might now know me, but I have grew up with the Arnold's and me and my husband were actually in the same temple prep class as you two. It looks like everything is going well for you two and you guys are staying busy! It is good to see Nater back home!! It's sad that we got split from the 5th ward cause now I never see your family!!Take care!!

Paige said...

That's awesome that you like the NCAA tournament. I was into it a little bit last year but didn't even notice it this year. I love your new background!

Ryan and Heidi said...

Hi Megan! You and Gage are such a cute couple, and your blog is adorable! I have to say, I am very impressed... my husband begs me to get that involved with basketball! He's a sports fanatic, but basketball is probably his favorite. Anyways, I thought I would say hello...visit our blog! It's thesmithstogetherforever.blogspot.com...(Smith is a very common name!)
-Heidi (Randall) Smith