April 22, 2008

"Luck is where preparation meets opportunity."

This is the wise counsel given to Gage by my dad regarding the upcoming Finals for our (yes, this IS a team thing) first year of law school. LOVE that quote!! The craziness of Finals has definitely arrived and Gage is working hard to prepare for his upcoming exams. It's no fun seeing your husband for only 20-30 minutes a day, but you just do what you've got to do, right? We have managed to fit in some fun however....

Last Sunday after church, we enjoyed a BEAUTIFUL evening with some of our good friends at a fabulous spot here in Spokane called "Bowl and Pitcher Park." We barbecued, walked to the bridge overlooking the river, played a little catch, and sat around the fire while enjoying the beautiful scenery as well as each other's company. It was a great chance for us to get outside, spend time with friends, and relax before the stress of Finals kicked in!And finally, perhaps the greatest news of all..... ;)Gage's team ended up winning their intramural softball league championship and the team's victory even earned a spot on the law school's web-page.

I guess softball is newsworthy these days... just kidding honey, of course it's newsworthy! :) You can check the article out here.

Fun times!! Quite possibly some of the best of our lives thus far. Good luck to Gage and all of our friends in the next couple of weeks!! We WILL survive!! :)

10 comments:

Ben and Natalie said...

We will survive!! I keep telling myself that too. We need to do a girls night to get out while our husbands are ignoring us... I mean studying. :) I am going to put together a list of movies and then we can get out and have some fun.

Chelsie said...

Oh my heavens it is gorgeous and green there!! It sounds like you have a great group of friends there. I hope finals go well and congrats on the softball!

Steph said...

cute pictures! It'll be fun to have our girl's night next week :)

Laura said...

Those are cute pictures. That is awesome about their softball team. Way to go! I love the new background. Those pictures at the park turned out so cute:)

Megan said...

Love the pictures - it is so pretty there. Good luck on Finals...both of you ;)

Mauressa said...

Hey Megan! I finally found your blog and it's so cute! Thanks for taking a picture of the softball, now I can use it too! I was so sad that I couldn't make it to any of the games! our blog is bmjaussi.blogspot.com. You're beautiful!

Meg said...

Congrats on softball! And good luck with finals. It looks beautiful there i love the summer time.

Ben and Natalie said...

So Meg.... We might end up doing a girls night on Saturday if you wanna come. Email me at: jakey0610@yahoo.com and I will send you the details if you are interested!!

Paige said...

I am NOT looking forward to Law School. I thought finals were bad enough in Undergrad but I can't even imagine how bad it will be in Law School! It looks like you have a fun group of friends to help support eachother through these tough weeks!

Shambray said...

Megan! I saw you had a blog and wanted to say hi. I just barely started mine so it is still new to me. It is so pretty there. I am so jealous. How have things been going? I hope really well. Tell Gage hi too.