May 10, 2008

One Down....

Last night we celebrated the last day of Finals and the successful completion of our first year of law school with our "Spokane Family." What a wonderful feeling it is to have the first year behind us! As you can see, we have made so many wonderful friends while we have been here (most of them are from Utah....weird, I know) and we feel so blessed to have such a strong support system while we are away from our families back home. I am especially grateful for so many awesome girl friends; as the wives of "1Ls," we have all been through a lot in the past year and we have had a blast keeping busy together while our hubbies were studying.



And the boys......so relieved and ready for summer! :) They have all worked very hard this year, but they have definitely found time throughout the year to have fun together as well.


What a year! We are so thankful for this unforgettable experience and we are excited for what the next two years hold in store for us. I am so proud of Gage and all of his hard work this year! I am also soooooo happy to have him back for a while!! :) HOORAY for summer!

9 comments:

Steph said...

I second that--HOORAY for summer! :)

Chelsie said...

Yeah! Congrats to you guys on one year down! It looks like you have an awesome family away from home. That's craziness that lots of them are from UT!!

Laura said...

I miss you guys already too. I hope nursery was okay for you and thanks again for all the help we REALLY appreciate it. You guys are the best! Let's keep in touch over the summer. I hope your summer is great:)

Megan said...

WOW! It looks like you have quite the large extended family there. I bet that is a lot fun and really nice to have. Congrats to the end of the first year - so how many are left? I know nothing about law school.

April said...

Congrats on completing that first year of law school. I hear that it is one of the toughest! As always, I can't wait to be in you guys' shoes someday soon.

Ben and Natalie said...

Ok so I am so sad that Ben got to be in the Boys picture and I just missed the Girls picture. Boo Hoo. I guess I shouldn't show up late to things. :) It was nice to see you over the weekend and we should get together over the summer since our hubbies will be working together. :)

hilary said...

oh megan, i can relate very well! we are in jeff's 2nd year of med school and counting down the days til the boards are over and it is summer too! what a fun picture of all of your school friends. most everyone in our az family is from utah as well! why is that? weird. congrats to you and your hubby on one year down!

Ryan and Heidi said...

Congrats! I bet it's an awesome feeling that one year is over! You'll be so glad when it's all done!

Cayde and Brianna Taylor Family said...

Gage!
Wow! That was a blast from the past. It was good to hear from you and from the looks of things you are in a very great situation yourself. Your wife is beautiful and you guys look very happy together. As for Law school, I always knew you were ment for something big :) You'll do great at it. Good luck in all you do!

Cayde and Brianna