September 1, 2008

Dillon, MT

We just returned from a weekend of fishing in Dillon, Montana - a place I had never heard of before meeting Gage. It's been a longstanding tradition in Gage's family to visit this little town to go fishing. This happened to be my first time fishing in Dillon and I was happy to be a part of the family tradition.

Our fishing spot, the Big Hole, is an absolutely beautiful place. It was very secluded and peaceful; I fished a little bit, but really enjoyed relaxing by the river while reading my book.

We had so much fun hanging out with Gage's family; they are always so good to us and it was wonderful to be able to see them during our little weekend getaway.


Gage's grandpa is an expert fisherman; between him and the rest of the crew (Gage and his brothers and dad) there were A LOT of fish caught. I tried fishing a few times, but eventually gave up when I snagged my hook (for the 5th time) on rocks and objects OTHER than fish. Oh well, at least I tried..... maybe next year. :) This Labor Day weekend flew by so fast; it was great to spend it in the little town of Dillon with those we love.

11 comments:

April said...

So this fishing, was it flyfishing? I'm guessing it was by the look of the place you fished. I also love fly fishing. So I'm glad you guys had a way fun time and a good labor day weekend. What a neat family tradition!

Megan said...

My mom works all over in Montana and she says Dillon is way gorgeous. From the looks of these pictures, I would have to agree! I am glad you guys had a good time. I have only caught fish at the trout farm in N.O. and I don't think that really counts ;) Way to go for even trying! Did you get sick of eating fish by the end of the trip?

Ryan and Heidi said...

Fun! I've never been fishing besides at the fish farm when I was little, but this looks like a lot of fun! I bet you love to be able to see family whenever you can!

lhhadley said...

Hi Meg!
Cute pictures. We just took Boston fishing for his first time and he loved it.

I am glad you are blogging so I can keep in touch. I am still just trying to figure this blogging thing out.

-Heather

Chelsie said...

those pics are gorgeous! i'm impressed you fished meg! atta girl! as with everyone else, i have only caught fish from the trout farm...i've tried fishing one or two other times in a lake, but never caught anything :-( But I bet that was a perfect place to relax and read

Melissa McFadden said...

Megan, I am just the same as you. I would try it only to eventually give up and lounge around in the sun with a book or gossip magazine. With all of your talents I am kind of shocked you didn't just try it the first time and become expert along with grandpa. Anyways I am jealous you guys always get to see your families. Gage's family is cute. I heart Montana.

Ashley said...

Looks like you had a fun trip! Hope school and work is going well for you two! Just think in a few months law school is half way done...that's what we keep telling ourselves :)

Laura said...

That looks way fun. I think Montana is so pretty(not much to it, but its pretty)! How are things going? Are you guys still in nursery? Hows your job? Lots of questions:)

Becca said...

What a fun weekend!! It was fun getting to chat with you the other night! By the way I love the video...so funny!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh I bet you just had BLAST on this trip Mega ;) I miss you guys!!! Looooooooove you.
-Rach

andrea said...

sigh...you look super cute even when you are out in the wilderness. No fair. :0)