November 1, 2008

Lately....

October sure flew by, but it was quite eventful....

Most recently, we attended a couple of Halloween parties with some of our good friends here in Spokane. On Halloween night, I got my husband (a Fremont alum) to dress up as a male cheerleader..... a WEBER HIGH male cheerleader! Sorry Silverwolves; you've got a traitor in your midst.

Don't worry, we didn't have to cut Gage out of those polyester pants!! Are those tight enough for you? Thanks to my mom for providing such AWESOME (and not to mention, FREE) Halloween costumes by packing her suitcase full of my old cheer stuff when she and my dad visited a couple weeks ago!!) We had so much fun hanging out with friends and laughing at everyone's great costumes!

Click on the collage to get a better view.




The night before Halloween, we went to another Halloween party and Gage dressed up in his famous SUMO suit, but the costume deflated when the batteries ran out. :( We got the costume up and running again and I ended up wearing it to our firm costume party Friday morning.




Last week, Gage and I had the opportunity to see the traveling Broadway production of Phantom of the Opera. It was my first time seeing a live show of Phantom, and I was really impressed. We debated and debated about whether we should go or not because tickets were a little pricey (for us, mind you), but Gage loved it as well and we thought it was worth every penny.

The weekend of the 17th, we got a wonderful visit from my parents! It was so good to see them even though they were only here for the weekend. We saw a local production of Oklahoma, went out to eat a few times, and I got to go shopping all day Saturday with my mom (one of my favorite things to do). On a side note, when my parents were here, we also saw the movie, "Secret Life of Bees." The cast is quite impressive and the movie is really pretty good. Definitely a tear-jerker in parts, but it did not disappoint.

Anyway, that's about it! It's been a fun and eventful few weeks! For the nine of you that read this blog ;), I hope all is well for you and please be proud that I am actively working towards decreasing the amount of time between posts. :)

19 comments:

Melissa McFadden said...

You guys are really festive! You look just as hot in your uniform as you did in high school. Gage looks good in his too! ha ha you should frame that pic. Love you girl!

Paige said...

wow, I'm impressed you still fit in your cheer outfit. I don't know if I could squeeze into mine. Sad. :( Love Gage as a cheerleader. Maybe I'll have to talk Phil into being that next year. ha Happy Halloween!!

Steph said...

great costumes for night #2---LOVE Gage in that cheer outfit. LOL. We're glad we got to see you guys. Let's get together again, soon!

Megan said...

It makes me feel so lame to see pictures on everybody's blog that has ENTIRE family's dressing up. Ross and I need to get with it. You guys look great in your costumes, although if I were to ever mention what Gage dressed up to to Ross he would be oh so dissapointed ;)

Ryan and Heidi said...

Cute costumes! That is hilarious that Gage dressed up as a cheerleader! Halloween parties are always so fun! And I've been wanting to see that show...so now that you said it's pretty good I think I will!

Mauressa said...

Oh my gosh! These pictures are so funny! I just love your cheerleading pose! I can't wait to get our pictures to put on our blog too! Thank you so much for being our photographer!

Anonymous said...

Go Weber!!!!!!
I love your pictures. Gage looks better in red and black than in those Fremont colors. It was fun seeing you guys. Love ya,
Mom

lhhadley said...

Halloween is so fun. You guys look great! We have a big Halloween party with Landon's family every year and we had the same costume idea. We broke out our old Fremont stuff. I didn't even try to wear my cheer outfit (i'm sure it won't fit) but I made Landon. He couldn't do up the skirt, but it was pretty funny. He even wore a wig.

I just can't get used to the black and red... come on Gage you traitor! :)

lhhadley said...

that first picture is hilarious. I had to laugh out loud.

Ben and Natalie said...

Love Love Love the first picture. I had to show Ben and he got a kick out of seeing Gage in that much polyester. :) It looks like you guys had a fun and eventful month.

Chelsie said...

ha, i'm impressed that you can get into your cheer costume too! heaven knows i'd have to pour myself into my stuff probably. you look great meg! i'll try not to mention gage in warrior attire...he would be saddened. i think i like the deflated sumo costume better...it's like a fat person who lost a lot of weight and now just has a lot of stretchy skin

April said...

Yes, good job Megan, I do read your blog, and I like hearing about all the fun stuff you get to do. Plus it's nice to hear how Gage is doing in school. Your comment was very nice on my blog. I can hardly wait for this first semester to be over, as I'm sure Colby is too. It's really getting to be crunch time at our house. :) I don't know how you guys do it? Your blog is always so positive! I LOVE your Halloween costumes! Gage is such a good sport to dress up as a cheerleader. The only way I could get Colby to dress up was to let him decide what we should be...hence video game characters. :) Glad you guys had a Happy Halloween!

Angie said...

Gage, I can't believe you jumped ship. It figures. Move out of state, and you forget your roots!! :)

Mace, McKenzie and Stein said...

yeah meg quite impressive that your uniform still fits. No way mine does - especially post-baby :( maybe one day... these pics made me miss you guys! love ya

LC said...

You guys are my Favorite!! I love the costumes. It looks like you guys had so much fun! We miss you!

Meg said...

You guys look awesome in both of your costumes and glade you guys had a blast at your parties. I agree with you Oct just flew by.

andrea said...

you could not be any cuter!

Hale-O There said...

meg-
the top pic of you and gage is to die for. I am still laughing!!!!
I am glad your doing well and you look great! MIss you.

Melissa McFadden said...

Meg, I seriously googled Judy's name for fun. She has images all over the internet. I know that no one is going to hurt my cat but it just goes to show that everything you write is available for everyone to see. I can't believe I haven't done it sooner to be honest. The only thing that sucks is not being able to get in touch with people as easy. Sorry to ramble on. Love you!!