December 1, 2008

SURPRISE!!


Gage and I decided to be a bit sneaky this Thanksgiving and tell our families that we wouldn't make Thanksgiving again this year because of Gage's crazy school schedule. Nobody suspected anything because Gage's finals are coming up soon and we missed Thanksgiving last year. Little did our families know that we had planned on coming to Utah for Thanksgiving since the first of October because Gage's school schedule actually worked out perfectly this year; he was able to turn in his final LRW paper before the Thanksgiving holiday.

So we set out on the road EARLY Wednesday morning and surprised my family that night. On Thanksgiving Day, we showed up at Gage's family's big Thanksgiving breakfast and surprised his family. It was so good to see everyone and it was so fun to see the reactions of all the people that were NOT expecting us! Both of our parents were soooo excited and so very surprised. Gage's mom even shed a few tears!

After breakfast, we spent the rest of Thanksgiving Day attending two more feasts - one at Gage's grandparents' house and one at my grandparents' (can you say WEIGHT GAIN? har har!). The food was wonderful and it was a blast to be with our families again for Thanksgiving. Here are some pics from the big day...






On Friday, my sister and I helped my Grandma decorate the Christmas tree and put up Christmas decorations. This has been a Christmas tradition since I was a little girl and I was so happy to be there for it this year! We got to spend the day with our grandparents and it was fun to get in the Christmas spirit (sadly, I don't do a TON of decorating here in Spokane since we are in Utah for the holidays).



We were also in town for Gage's mom's birthday. She was so happy to have all the kids in town for her birthday! Here she is with all of her boys...



The surprise was so much fun and the 9 hour drive was not bad at all; it's a beautiful drive and the weather was awesome. We were SOOO thankful to be able to go home for the holiday and also to get there and back safely. We are so thankful for such wonderful family members and their kindness and generosity. We are also thankful to be able to fly back in T-minus 3 weeks for Christmas! Wahoo!

14 comments:

April said...

That's great that you were able to be home for the beginning of the Holidays. I bet you can't wait for Christmas. Good luck to Gage with all of his finals. I'm sure he will do great!

Megan said...

I bet you were also grateful for the lower gad prices when you had to make that trek :) What a fun surprise for you families!

Shambray said...

That is awesome you were able to come back for Thanksgiving. I love surprising people. I bet that was a wonderful surprise for both your families!

Andrea said...

Hi girly! so sad that i missed you!!! i'm sure it was a crazy quick trip... but i better get to see your lovely face over christmas!! p.s. my hair is probably darker than yours.. ha ha i never thought i would say that!

lhhadley said...

So fun to surprise everyone! I hope to see you during Christmas:)

KO said...

What a fun surprise! I need to remember that...

Ben and Natalie said...

That is so fun that you were able to surprise your families. It looks like you had a great time. What are your plans for Christmas?

Chelsie said...

how fun to surprise your families like that. i am sure that made their thanksgiving! i'm glad you guys were able to make the safe trip here and back and that you get to come home again so soon! yeah for the holidays

Ben and Natalie said...

It has been a long time no talk to girls night out. :) We will be in Utah over Christmas. We were not planning on it but then with Ben's mom passing away we thought that it might good for the family to be together. We get there early morning on the 23rd and leave SUPER early on the 29th. Do you know who else is going to be in town? It would be nice if we could all get together and do lunch or something. Let me know :)

Melissa McFadden said...

Meg! I love love love you hair. You look amazing. Glad you were able to make it home. We have to get together when I get home. I don't care if you just stop by the house, It's a must. I will call you soon to set something up. Love ya hot stuff.

Steph said...

Love the photos and your hair! :) I'm glad that your surprise worked! We also aren't leaving until the 23rd so we should definitely go to Coeur d'Alene to see the lights!!! Let's plan it!

Meg said...

That is awesome that you got to go home for thanksgiving an I love that you surprised them that is awesome. Glade to hear you had a good time.

Anonymous said...

How fun for you to see your families! What a great surprise. Your hair looks really good by the way.

Hale-O There said...

thats a terrific surprise, i remember missing my older sis and husband so much when they were away for law school. I am sure your fam was estatic. if you come home for christmas call me I'd love to come and see you. I miss you.