Well, the boys did it again! Gage and his friends managed to win Gonzaga's intramural softball league for the second year in a row! I got to watch a couple games, but it has been really cold up here so far this spring so I didn't get to see him play as much as I would have liked.
The team did a great job and I know Gage was a little sad to see it end! He probably won't be playing too much softball this summer because he is loading up on credits and just won't have the time.We had a great Easter Sunday. When we got home from church, Gage instructed me to close my eyes because he had an "Easter Suprise" for me. When I finally got to take a peek, I found that he had skipped our last church meeting to come back and set up my own little Easter Egg Hunt!!! It was great!
Earlier that week I was telling him how I miss being a kid at Easter time because I used to LOVE finding my Easter basket and searching for eggs. So he took it upon himself to hide a bunch of eggs (with candy and notes inside) around the apartment and then at the end of the hunt I found an Easter basket in the dryer. I seriously felt like a kid again and it made the sting of being away from family on Easter a little better. :)
Later that night we had an awesome Easter dinner with our good friends James and Rachel and their little boys. We had a riot as usual and ate lots of good food. I made a peanut butter pie and it was pretty good. You can find the recipe here...just make sure to add chopped Reese's on top. ;)In other news (if you call this news), I finally finished HARRY POTTER! It took me quite a while to finish it up because I got started with the whole series when I was student teaching (spring 2007) and it has taken a few years for me to finish (I promise I'm not THAT slow of a reader, it's just that I usually read 3-4 other books in between each one). Words cannot express how much I LOVE these books! The whole sci-fi genre is totally outside the norm for me, but I totally fell in love and I cannot WAIT for the upcoming HP movie this summer. If you haven't seen the trailer yet, click here....if you care, that is.
This past Friday was also Gage's last day at the AG's office. It's crazy to think he's been there a year! Since finals are coming up and he won't be working there this summer, he decided it was for the best. He's happy about having more time to study for finals, but he will definitely miss his experience there. I can't believe my little Gager is going to be a big 3L....it's crazy how fast time has gone by!! Yikes! Yay!! ;)
To all who's reading, we hope you had a wonderful Easter and we hope you are all doing well!
12 comments:
100 points for Gage! What a good husband!
I have been reading the Harry Potter books to my boys since August and my obsession with them is crazy. We are halfway through book 5...I LOVE them too! Like love, love, love them, LOL
PS--hated Twilight (was just commenting on Heather's blog). I wanted to throw it out the window when I finished it. All of the hype over THIS???
Hey Meg! I am glad Gage set that up for you. It sounds really fun and now I feel like Andy should have done the same thing! ha ha ha. I keep telling myself I will read Harry Potter. But just can't do it. But since you were able to, maybe I can. It's a sci-fi thing like you said. K well I miss you! Keep us updated a little more often and I will try to as well.
Congrats to Gage on softball! And congrats to you on finishing Harry Potter. I've never been a huge fan, but I know there are like a ton of books, so good for you Meg! Good luck with finals coming up, and I'm glad you guys had a good Easter. :)
He is getting closer and closer to being done - crazy - and way to go! That was really sweet of him to set up that egg hunt too. Way to go Gage!
Cute pictures! I'm glad you had a happy Easter. Gage needs to shed some of his wisdom on Ryan...I always want something for EVERY holiday, yet my hints rarely work ;)
look at your cute hubby, that is so sweet. and props on winning again! they're quite impressive. i heart the HP books too! i didn't read them until after i had coop, so i was behind, but they are great!
Hey Meghan, I found you through Libby's blog and have been keeping tabs on you. So fun to see what is up in your life up in Spokane. Keep posting.
Lori Watkins
What a sweet guy for having an Easter surprise:) Love the updates on your blog, keep them coming!
yay for HP!! i JUST finished reading the 6th book (again)last night... and i watched your trailer again... it got me all excited again! i'm glad you enjoyed them! i love the updates! its good to hear you two are doing well! congrats on softball..do i see mr. nick lemon on the team as well?! it looks like him! and what a sweetie for the egg hunt! so fun!
Wow,I haven't commented in a LONG time...what a nice husband! Looks like things are going great for you guys! Aren't you excited there is just one more year left of school? I know we can't wait!
Look at that swing -- looks like a young Carney Lansford.
What a sweet husband and a fun easter.
Post a Comment