June 16, 2009

2nd Grade

What is the significance of that post title, you ask? Well, that is the grade that I will be teaching this upcoming fall!!!!!! The best part is that I will be teaching in good old Weber County! Yes, that’s right...we are moving back to our old stomping grounds and we are SO excited to do so. Gage is a 3rd year law student at Gonzaga, so he is not QUITE finished, but since he has gone to school straight through the summers, he is able to complete his final credits for graduation through an externship in Ogden, UT. It’s actually a little spooky how perfectly things have worked out. I was broken-hearted when we first moved to Spokane and I learned of the teaching situation here...it was nearly impossible for me to get a job because of many factors and I ended up working (at a WONDERFUL company) in a job outside of the education field. So in order to get me started on the career I LOVE as soon as possible, we devised this plan during Gage’s first year of school, not really thinking it would all work out. Well, little by little things have fallen into place and we couldn’t be more thankful, grateful, happy, etc. It will be extremely hard to leave Spokane, but we are definitely excited about this next phase of our life together.

Here I am - so incredibly nervous - on the day of my interview.

My parents came to Spokane this past week and we had a great time. Here are some pics of our day in Coeur d’Alene. It was a beautiful day and the weather was PERFECT by the water. My parents really love Spokane and they are going to miss coming up here to visit. We always have a good time together and it’s crazy that this past weekend was probably their last visit.



Other than moving plans, a job interview, successfully completing a second year of law school, a visit from my parents, and hanging out with friends, we are in the midst of training for a half marathon! We are about half-way there as far as distance goes - we just completed a 6.5 mile run last Saturday. Only 6.5 more to go!! Yikes!! :) Plus, the marathon is in Park City and since there is a MAJOR change in elevation from Spokane to Park City, we’ll have to train extra hard so our lungs don’t give out! We'll see if we can hang in!!

And finally, I decided to get with the program and join the Facebook revolution, so I apologize, but I may become an even BIGGER blogging slacker than I already am...I'm still figuring it out, but it seems a lot easier to keep up on Facebook than the blog....so we'll see! We hope all is well with everyone who’s reading and we hope you are enjoying the summer! We'll be seeing some of you very soon! Wahoo!

11 comments:

Shambray said...

Yay!!! How exciting for you guys! Congrats! It sounds like everything is going beautifully for you guys!!!

KO said...

Wow, congratulations Meg! It's amazing how things just fall into place sometimes. You must be living right:)

Megan said...

Congrats Megan! That is so awesome and I am so happy everything worked out as you guys had planned - you deserve it with all your hard work. Good luck with the moving AND with the half marathon. I was hoping to get one in this season after this baby comes...IF this baby ever comes. LOL.

Ryan and Heidi said...

Congrats! How exciting that everything is working out the way you've wanted it to. My mom always gives me the updates she gets from your mom. I'm so excited for you guys and way to go for trying for the half marathon. I always admire you runners because I just can't run like that! Good luck with everything!

Paige said...

Okay, I can't even tell you how jealous I am you guys are moving back! We are moving in August to Moscow Idaho for law school (which isn't too far from Spokane might I add). That is really so cool you got a good job and he gets to finish in Ogden. Hopefully we can get as lucky as you two. :)

April said...

Congrats to both you and Gage! That is great! I'm sure you are so happy to be back in good ol' Utah. What school will you be teaching at next year?

Chelsie said...

that is so exciting meg!!! i'm so happy that everything is working out for you guys. and excited that you're moving home and teaching. you will be such a great teacher.

Tiffany said...

Congratulations! You are so cute and will make such a great 2nd grade teacher! We are sad to see you and all the 3rd years go, but it will be so much fun for you guys. Happy birthday next week if we don't talk to you and good luck in Utah!

Mace, McKenzie and Stein said...

Way to go meg. You're awesome. It will be good to have you back in Utah. Which school is it? Oh and have a happy birthday tomorrow!

andrea said...

You will be the cutest, most stylish 2nd grade teacher in the history of 2nd grade teachers. Skylar will be in 2nd grade this year. We'll have to come and visit before school starts so you can really appreciate all the joys of the second grade boy, LOL

andrea said...

PS--could I have used the words "2nd grade" anymore in that comment?