
Last Friday was a tough day. An end of an era, if you will. :) It was my last day as a paralegal at Lee & Hayes. It's hard to believe that I worked there for almost two years! It seems like just yesterday that we moved to Spokane and I was searching for a job. Well, time flies when you're having fun. I've always said that if I couldn't be teaching school in Spokane, then I wouldn't want to be ANYWHERE other than Lee & Hayes. At first I thought it an inconvenience that I couldn't jump right into the education field after graduation, but now that it's all said and done - I wouldn't have had it any other way. I consider the experience a huge blessing and I learned so much during my time there. I got to dabble in a line of work completely unrelated to education and I have grown in a million ways because of it. I am excited to teach, but I will never forget the two wonderful years spent at L&H or the friends I made while working there.

Even though my last day was a sad one, and a few tears were shed, it was the best day of work I have EVER had. The firm put on a big lunch in honor of my last day and the food was fantastic. After lunch, one of the partners got up and made a little speech that made me (and a few others) cry! :) My supervisor then presented me with a card signed by everyone and a little "goodbye" gift. After the tears had dried and I had a chance to take a look at what I had just received, I almost fainted. They gave me $600.00 in gift certificates to start my new classroom. More tears. Gage is still a student, so that extra financial boost will be UNBELIEVABLY helpful in getting my classroom going. It was one of the nicest things that's ever been done for me and I will never forget it.

Thank you, thank you Lee & Hayes.
5 comments:
I am so glad that your experience was a positive one. They sound amazing - $600?! That is so awesome. Good luck!
How nice...that money will sure come in handy. We are so excited for you! I am looking forward to seeing you. We need to get together with our mom's and have a girls night or a lunch or something:)
Of course they will miss you Meg, I bet you were great to work with! How nice of them to give you that gift. Your classroom is going to look fabulous.
Meg--I'm glad you had such a good send off! You deserved it!! We miss you in Spokane, but are SO happy that you're going to be able to teach!
oh my heavens, megan, 600 smackeroos for your classroom, that is amazing!! i would have cried too!! mmm that food looks fantastic and i'm glad you got to work at such a great place while you were out there
Post a Comment