July 21, 2008

City By the Sea

We just got back from a quick trip to Seattle! We flew over EARLY Friday morning to join my parents on their vacation. It was a wonderful trip and Gage and I are now both big fans of the city.

We started the day off by visiting the famous Pike's Place Market. It was quite the experience seeing all of the different vendors and all of the people! We bought a ton of fresh fruit for breakfast and it was DELICIOUS.




We returned a little later and found these....


Pikes Place also has the most beautiful (and most inexpensive) flower bouquets.



Later on we rode the monorail to get to the Space Needle. What a sight to see!


It takes about 42 seconds to get to the top and it was extremely cold and windy up there!!



Later that night, we walked over to SAFECO Field to catch a Mariners game - it was a riot...I'm not usually too into baseball, but I had a blast! The music, the peanuts, the hot dogs, the wave, the fans....there's nothing quite like being in a Major League Ball Park...it's just so...American. :)



On Saturday, we took a boat ride out on the Puget Sound (an arm of the Pacific Ocean) and saw how Seattle looks from the water. It really is a breathtaking city.


After a bit of shopping and more city sightseeing, we ended the trip by eating dinner and then watching the sun set on Pier 57.



Unforgettable - that pretty much sums it up! We had such a fabulous time and I hope I get to visit again soon. And as always, it was great to spend time with my parents. THANKS SO MUCH Mom and Dad for having us; we had a wonderful time!


Oh wait....you thought that was it, right? I just couldn't end this post without mentioning another unforgettable experience...
We encountered a bit of turbulence on our flight home. Gage happened to sit near someone who didn't have the strongest stomach. Yep, you guessed it...some guy got sick and blew chunks. I'll spare the gruesome details (if "chunks" wasn't gross enough), but just know that Gage got a little something on his shorts (and down his legs) that he wasn't planning on bringing home with him.

13 comments:

Megan said...

I heart Seattle. Ross and I were only there for half a day before we went to Vancouver Canada, and I wish we would have stayed longer. I definitely want to go back. I love the market and Pike's place. Those pictures you took are awesome - the colors are so vibrant. It looks like you guys had a good time - who doesn't enjoy watching drunk, crazy people?...I mean a good baseball game ;) And Poor Gage, although it makes a great story - I probably would have blown chunks if it got on me.

LC said...

It looks like you guys have a great trip and so much fun! I'm sorry to hear about Gage, that's one of my biggest fears when flying but he's a trooper!! Hope to hear from you soon!

Lyndsey said...

Seattle is so much fun! My cousins live there.. Pikes Place is one of my favorites! Your pics are all so awesome! You're so talented =) If I sat next to someone spewing.. I would've spewed too =( That's gross

Anonymous said...

Great blog Meg. I love your pictures. I got my pictures today. I'll send you copies. That was a fun trip. That last picture of Gage made me laugh. I love you guys!

Chelsie said...

I love the pics! You're becoming quite the little photographer! I love it! I have heard so much about Seattle and the more I hear the more I want to go! So great that you got to go away with your cute parents too! Ick, hope Gage's shorts are much improved after a grand ole wash

Tara said...

I loved our visits to Seattle. Dan got frustrated with all the narrow streets. Dan will be jealous that you got to go to a baseball game. That was the highlight of our trip there.

Steph said...

cute pictures!!! :) Let's get together, soon!

That's so gross about the flight :p

Lindsey said...

Hey Megan,

This is Lindsey -Owen Brown. I saw your blog from Heidi's blog. I was excited to see what you've been up to. You and Gage are so cute. Also, you are the best photographer. I really think that you do some of the best work I've seen. Your Seattle experience looked like lots of fun.

Meg said...

I want to go to Seattle so bad. Sounds like you guys had a blast. You took some great pictures.

Lauren Tatton said...

Your Markets Beat the Markets Here In Connecticut! You look like you are doing wonderful! I check your page out every once in a while and just wanted to tell you hi! Luv ya Girl!

cwall said...

Meg-you amaze me with your pictures! Hope all is well!
G and Cathy

Anonymous said...

It looks like you and your fam had fun in Seattle. I love Pike's Place...Isn't the assortment of fruit amazing?

Lindsay said...

Hey Meg!

I talked to Gage's parents at T-mine. They are sure nice, they said they missed you guys! Hope you guys are doing good!It sounds like Gage might not ever fly again!That's a really sick, but hilarious story!