September 9, 2008

Seriously, So Blessed!

Alright, so many of you know that I am the queen of being "behind" on what's hip, cool, new, hot....yada, yada, yada. Well, last night I was talking to my good friend, Andrea, and she told me about this hilarious blog that I needed to check out. It's basically a blog that makes fun of this somewhat new trend of blogging; lots of exclamation points, acronyms, misspellings, and other typical things you'd find on a blog. It's called "Seriously, so blessed!" and it did not disappoint - I laughed out loud a few times and kept saying, "Man, that is so true....I've seen blogs that are like that!!" I also felt kind of stupid about some of the stuff I've posted!! :) Har har, oh well.... I loved it and this quote sums the blog up perfectly: "It's an astutely sharp and wickedly dead-on spoof of the suddenly trendy married Mormon blog phenomenon." Anyway, if you want a good laugh (and you are willing to laugh at yourself), check it out. If you already know about it, give me a little slack - I don't live in Utah and I'm a little out of the loop!! :) Thanks Ang, for mentioning it to me... it SERIOUSLY MADE MY DAY!!!!! (ha ha)

P.S. Click on the title of this post to see what I'm talking about.

9 comments:

Melissa McFadden said...

Meg, I love that blog. I actually have it linked on my blog too! I always laugh out loud! I love when she calls her baby her fetus! What the heck? ha ha ha. You are behind but I will cut you some slack because you are a heck of a lot busier than I have been the last month or so! Heck I've been a 23 year old housewife most of my time here. Love you girl! Post some more of your righteous pics soon.

Lyndsey said...

My sis recently showed me this blog. Seriously so funny! My favorite quote of hers "Is it against the plan to get makeup tattoos?" I can't tell if it's real or fake

Chelsie said...

haha, i love this blog...it makes me laugh so hard...and it's so true...i must say i have been guilty of a couple of the things she has mocked...but i can laugh at myself! she was on ksl the other day, I don't know if you saw that on ksl or not, but here is the link http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=4108250&autostart=y Thanks for the birthday wishes! I hope you're doing grand!

Megan said...

Ha ha you are behind there Meg ;) But like Melissa said, you are a whole lost busier than me so I will definitely give you some slack. I think that blog is hilarious. I have it linked on my blog as well. I know some people get super offended (I do sometimes if I read the comments because people start bashing the church) but it is just so dead on it's hilarious and I too am guilty of some of the things she mocks, but you can't help but laugh at yourself. I am glad you too like this blog.

Oh and to answer your question. I have no idea who that lady in pink was but she seemed to like the color - she made me laugh too. I imagine her road bike was the same shade of pepto bismal ;)

April said...

Meg, I will be honest, you found out about it before me, cause I just found it because of your blog. But you're right it seriously is super funny, and yes, I am super guilty of posting some things like that, but oh well, why stop now right? So just have comfort in knowing that you are hipper and cooler then me! But you probably already knew that :)

Lindsay said...

Meg,

Ang told me about that blog too! It's pretty funny and very true! Ang thinks it's hilarious too!

Anonymous said...

I might need to take a look at that. It sounds funny...Altough I'm a little nervous that I'm going to feel like such an idiot. Oh well, I guess we all have to be made fun of now and then.

Chelsie said...

yeah i think it was la underground that mia michaels used to teach at...we danced to 525,600 minutes...i think she was even meaner back then. :-)

Meg said...

Ha ha ha This blog is so funny and so true. I am glade you blogged about this. I am guilty of some of the things also.