
For a few weeks, that is. Yes, we have survived yet another fun-filled month of final papers and final exams. Gage is happy about having this semester behind him and I think I might be even happier. Gage is never, ever MEAN, but with all the stuff going on at the end of the semester, he's definitely a little more "on edge," if you know what I mean. And just so you know, the combination of never seeing your husband AND having him "on edge" for almost a month straight gets old....real quick. Sorry gals, if you were looking for the proverbial "husband" post full of half-truths about how amazingly PERFECT and AWESOME and SPECTACULAR my better-half is ALL THE TIME 24/7/365, you'll have to blog elsewhere....this is the reality of law school finals, people! Har har har! Just kidding, I'd definitely use those words to describe Gage the other 11 months out of the year, but we are just happy to have that crazy few weeks behind us (for at least a few months). In fact, when I walked through the door after work the night before last, I knew the REAL Gage had returned when he gave me a bouquet of flowers and a sweet card to say thanks for "sticking with him and being patient" for the past month.
Awww....that makes it all worth it. :) Oh and a fun factoid, we hit the law school half-way mark! 1.5 years down and only 1.5 years to go! And in other news, we are SNOWED IN!!! My office is closed today because of the 20 inches of snowfall we've had in the past 24 hours. An official SNOW DAY! Wahoo! Getting paid for drinking hot cocoa and watching movies with Gager is the best! ;) The snow is still coming, so when it stops I'll post a picture of this record-breaking snowstorm! Apparently Spokane's last record snowfall in a 24 hour period was in 1984 with 13 inches. I just hope it stops in time for us to get to Utah for Christmas!!
8 comments:
Glad finals are over for ya. Andy gets moody for just tests that aren't finals. Weirdo. Your snow day sounds absolutely wonderful. Will you be able to do lunch one day during the break?
Yeah for finals being over, hitting the half way mark and getting a happy husband back. I think we can all agree that we aren't perfect and happy all the time. It is refreshing to hear reality in a blog post ;)
I absolutely love and appreciate your honesty! And don't worry, you are not alone we have all been living a little 'on edge' the past month but YIPEE finals are over!!!
Meg, I gotta hand it to you. You must be superwoman because you still sound so positive despite this month from hell. I've hated it. I have to be honest. I didn't think it would be so bad, but I am so excited for this to be over tomorrow. Thanks for your super nice comment on my blog. Congrats on Gage being done, and on your snow day. Nothing beats not working. Really really enjoy this christmas season! I know we will.
P.S. I remember when you and Gage started dating. It was that winter we all lived together at Brentwood. I think I was there when you told Schumers you would like to go out with him (if I remember correctly) also I never forgot that story of your first date. It was funny.
School is rough! It would make anyone cranky at times:) I hope it stops snowing too so I can see you in a couple of days!
Hey Gage and Megan how are you guys? I need your email address so i can send you an invite to our blog. You guys look great. Merry Christmas!!!
Jeff and Ali
yeah for being halfway done and getting a break from all the craziness! i like the truthfulness of the post...not that i know anything about a husband being on edge because of law school...but brandon just started back to work this week after being unemployed for about 2 months....and as fun as some might think it is to have your hubby home all day every day.....lets just say it was a good day for both of us when he went back to work. haha. the flowers look gorgeous, nice pic meg! i love it
Oh I definitely understand the "on edge" husband :) hehe. Cute post! I'm glad you got flowers...I'll have to let Ryan read this post ;) jk. Wasn't that snow day crazy!? We were stuck in our house for days!!
We hope you had a good Christmas...let's get together before school starts, again!
Miss you guys!
Post a Comment