
Where does the time go? I don't know, but I know I'm not getting any younger, that's for sure. :) Anyway, last Sunday was my BDAY and it was my first one away from home (sheltered? I think so!) and everyone (Gage, fam back home, and new Spokanite pals) made it a really memorable birthday. We have such a sweet family that made sure to send me birthday wishes through the mail. Both my and Gage's fam sent me birthday packages and I was so excited to open them up on Sunday morning and check out my new loot (you wouldn't know I turned 23 would you?...seems more like 13?). Mom, Dad, Dave, and Lisa - Thank You!! I loved everything you sent! On the eve of my birthday, Gage took me out to dinner at The Melting Pot. It was pretty good, but if you want the HONEST truth, I'd save your pennies and just go for dessert (consider grabbing a burger at McDonald's beforehand to save a buck or two). It was all about the experience though, we had a great time together and it was fun to try something new.

Gage made me the greatest birthday card (he's been known to make girls swoon with his card-making skills :) ) and gave me a sweet new camera case to go with my new camera. YES!! He also made dinner on Sunday and even baked me a birthday cake - yellow cake w/ chocolate frosting, my all-time favorite! We finished the night off by having some of our good friends over for cake and ice cream; thanks again Steph and Rach for the awesome birthday gifts! It really turned out to be one my favorite birthdays ever; I had so much fun and I was reminded once again how thankful I am to have a great husband, great family, and great friends.
15 comments:
Happy Birthday to you!! I didn't even know it was your birthday but I am glad you had a good one. I am sad I missed your party:( It is kindof fun to experience your birthday not at home. How is everything going? How is the kid overload in nursery??
Happy birthday meg!!! Sounds like you had a great birthday! That is so crazy we were just talking about melting pot last night and my sil said the same thing...just to go for dessert....she was kind of bummed that she was paying so much money to cook her own food...guess what my husbands favorite cake is....yellow cake with chocolate frosting! that's awesome! i love it, but i think you two might be the only ones where it is your favorite!
Happy Happy Birthday! I am glad that you had such a great day. I can't believe that you are only 23 though....You are just a youngin' :) I heard that you and Gage are going out of town... Are you guys heading back to Utah?
I'm glad you had a good birthday Meg. I am really impressed with Gage's birthday-making skills. A card and a cake? That is so sweet of him. I agree with your opinion on the Melting Pot too. Enjoy being 23!!! :)
Happy Birthday Megan! It sounds like you had a great day - you deserve it. I am kind of bumbed you didn't take a pic of showcase your hubbies awesome card making skills...unless one of those cards in the pic is his...if so, which one? And you are only 23...wait till you turn 25...half way to fifty, but everyone thinks you are still in high school with a kid...story of my life.
Happy Belated Birthday Meg! Sounds like you guys had a great time. I've got to try the Melting Pot. It's been on our "to-do" list for a while. Thanks for the tip!
where DOES the time go? I would love to know...I will be 33 in a month. Holy crap.
Happy birthday! You look so cute!
Happy Birthday! What a sweet husband you have! It wounds like you had quite the birthday! I love birthdays! Well happy birthday!
Happy Late Birthday Megan! It looks and sounds like you had a good one!
Happy Birthday Megan! I'm glad you had a great day although you were far from your family....I don't know how you do it! I do love yellow cake with chocolate frosting too...but I have to add m&ms on top! You should try it next time...yum!
Happy Birthday girl! Too bad you didn't go to Chili's... "I want my fire grill." Good times.
Happy Birthday! You look so cute!
Happy Birthday Megan! I'm dreading the birthdays I'll be spending away from family. Good thing you have a good husband to treat you so good. What a great guy!
Happy Birthday! I feel your pain on the birthdays away from home. I miss birthdays back at the parents. :) It looks like you guys had fun at the Melting Pot. I think that is wonderful that Gage made you dinner. If Nate were to make me dinner I would have my choice between cereal, Macaroni & Cheese, and Roman Noodles.
Hey Gage, I am a blog peeper, I just wanted to say hi and see pics of you and your cute wife. Garrett gives me updates on everyone, but it is still fun to look at blogs and read stories. Well I missed you at the 4th, Cathy and Garrett were looking for you too. Well just wanted to say Hi to an ol friend! Hope all is well, looks like it is great for you. Megan, sorry this is an old school friend. By the way Gage good job on such a beauty! Thanks for letting me look!
Melanie (barnes) Cooper
Post a Comment