June 16, 2008

My Husband, the Softball Player

I am pretty sure that baseball/softball was Gage's first love (before he met me, of course). He has played softball religiously every summer since I've known him; in fact, our first summer together he turned into what I like to call "The Summer Gage." Have you ever seen "Fever Pitch?" :) Needless to say, he used to play A LOT.


So anyway, he finally toned it down and I eventually grew to love going to the park and visiting with friends and family while watching the boys play. It's kind of become a tradition and now it seems that summer just isn't summer without a few softball games. When we left Utah last year, we were both a little bummed about him not being able to play softball with his friends for the next few summers, but Gage was lucky and made a lot of great friends here in Spokane who happen to play. So he put together a team and they've been playing once a week in a league here in town. I've gone to a few games and I've had a lot of fun enjoying the summer nights visiting with friends. Here are some pics from the game last Friday; we've had such gorgeous weather lately and Gage gets to play softball in a really beautiful park.


11 comments:

Ben and Natalie said...

Yea for softball games. I have always loved watching games and it is so much fun to have fun girls to talk to. Hopefully, I will see you tomorrow. :)

Tara said...

Dan enjoys softball as well. I recently went private on our blog and I sent an invite to gageroo@yahoo.com. Is that still a current e-mail address? If not, let me know where you would like me to send it. You can e-mail me at tarajensen82@yahoo.com. It's a great way to keep in touch. Thanks.

Lyndsey said...

Scott didn't play softball this year, partly because he's taking a summer class & because Gage wasn't here to organize the team. JK but I do miss the ballpark & visiting with friends.

Chelsie said...

That park is gorgeous! So green and look at all those trees!! I love it! Ha, I like that he used to be like fever pitch...oh boys. You were at my 6th grade play?! Oh what a treat for you!!! Ha..good times for sure

Megan said...

Seriously...I have said it before but I love Washington! It is so green! What a fun outing for the both of you. Ross is more of a basketball guy and he doesn't know how he feels about me going to his games, he gets nervous...kind of funny really. Anywho, what is this 'Fever Pitch' movie? Is it any good?

Gage and Meg said...

If you've never seen the romantic comedy, "Fever Pitch," click on the link in the post above and you'll understand what I'm talking about :) Then go rent it; it's actually pretty good!

April said...

You're a good wife Meg. I've seen Fever Pitch and if Gage really is like that then I think you must be a quite understanding wife. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Meg! How are you? You looke awesome.

andrea said...

meg--what kind of camera do you have? Your pictures are awesome!

Anonymous said...

I love that he loves softball! The park is so pretty. Don't you just love all the trees?

Angie said...

Hi! I just found your blog from Tara Jensens (sorry, Manning now). Gage was one of my absolute favorite people from high school. I was actually just wondering about him the other day!! Nice to know what you guys are up to. Good luck in law school. Meg, you are a lucky girl. Gage is an awesome person. I don't know if Gage checks the blog. If it's like my family, my husband has no idea about who leaves comments or not. If he doesn't check it, please tell him Angie Haslam says Hi and glad things are going so well.